Author Topic: Looking for information and to join  (Read 9092 times)

fred1608

• Hangar Rat
Looking for information and to join
« on: March 26, 2018, 11:50:22 PM »
Hey,
I've been trying to find a nice group to play with and came across you guys, y'all look like a fun bunch so I decided to give a shout. I mainly fly the MiG-21, and I have basic flymanship and navigation skills with it. I can also operate all of the weapons systems, I'm just not well acquainted with post WWII era fighter tactics, so I'm having a few problems with targets that aren't found of being shot at. I should also point out that I have the Su-33 and Su-27, but I haven't flown them much and would require some getting used to if I'm required to do so.
The only thing I wanted to ask is how you guys operate, I'm really looking forward for a group that I can cooperate and learn from, but I'm in quite a tight schedule and I don't think I can commit myself much to a frequent schedule (though, I should have no problem with events and things of that nature).
Looking forward to hear from you guys,
Fred.

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
Re: Looking for information and to join
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 09:09:47 AM »
Hi Fred, thanks for your interest in our squad.

First off, we fly a regular squad-flight every Sunday at 20:00 UK time for 2 hours or so, we do have additional flights on demand for what-ever people want when it suits people.

We have some people in Europe and some over in north-America, so try to fit around both. As things stand, we don't have much happening in Fighter-wing due to RL factors etc, but many here do have time on fighters and can perhaps help you with some things you need.

If you wanted to have a 'try-out' period to see if it works for both you and us, we can do a trial-flight soon and go from there?

A few of us here do have time in the '21, and although we don't fly it a lot, we can think about running it for a time to get both us and yourselves better with it. 8) I love it TBH! :)

Regards, Archer 159th CO.

fred1608

• Hangar Rat
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 02:28:21 AM »
Hey, thanks for the reply
I don't think I can go to 20:00 UK, it's a bit late for me, but I should be able to be around with the US guys.
The try out sounds fun, I should be around on sunday during night EST time.
Best Regards,
Fred.

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 08:08:18 AM »
Hi Fred -I suspect you might have worked out the time difference the wrong way round; IIRC the tme difference for US/Canada should put our flight somewhere in afternoon or perhaps mid-day? What area and time-zone are you in? We do realise that sometimes day-time attendance is harder to make than evening, depending upon your own activities and families etc.

We can give it a try a see how it goes of course.

Archer

fred1608

• Hangar Rat
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 06:50:00 PM »
Opps, you're right, my bad.
I'm in -3 GMT, which is an hour away from EST time, during most of the year.
This sunday would be difficult to be online during this time because of Easter activities, would it be ok if we leave it for the other week?
Best Regards,
Fred

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 08:29:22 PM »
As it happens I am also not around for our Sunday flight -so no problem Fred.

If you want to try and make an ad-hoc flight any other time, feel free to ask here, otherwise, we'll try for a Sunday soon.

Regards, Archer

fred1608

• Hangar Rat
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 01:17:22 AM »
I might be able on Saturday, but I can't be sure right now. Sunday should be more certain.

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 07:48:16 AM »
We always have a flight on Sunday, and if anyone is free Saturdays also get the odd running.

We can see who is free at the weekend. :)

fred1608

• Hangar Rat
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 10:42:02 PM »
I should be online Sunday from 19h30 GMT onward through the day, is that alright? How can I communicate on Sunday with you guys?

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 07:24:04 AM »
Yes fred that would be great -we'll be having our usual squad-flight then.

For comms see our page here; http://www.159thgar.com/pages/std/servers.php

I'll be on TS around the same time as you hopefully.

***EDITED*** I forgot we've gone ahead of GMT by 1 hr, so we'll be on before you. We normally start gathering before  kick-off, but if you can't make it earlier that's NP.

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 08:06:36 AM »
Hey Fred did you get yourself sorted with your problems after our flight?

fred1608

• Hangar Rat
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 12:28:40 AM »
Hey, sorry for the long time to reply, but I got caught into some real life stuff.
I did sort the steam validation problem, but then 2.5 came and now I'm having trouble again. It was working flawlessly before, but it can't hold a steady FPS anymore and will freeze every so often.
I'll try to address those and I'll be back once it's fixed.

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 08:09:51 AM »
Fred, there are still problems with 2.5 so it might well not be your fault that you're getting freezes. There are ways to lessen the problems, but it does appear that some issues are embedded and we need ED to sort. One day...

As for any delay, it's no problem for us to wait -get yourself happy with everything and then we'll go from there.  :)