Author Topic: harrier  (Read 9191 times)

159th_Jester

• Pilot Officer
  • Hangar Rat
  • Too old to die young. Too knackered to care....
Re: harrier
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 12:17:26 AM »
BAe objected? Really?

Blimey I didn't think they'd tear themselves away from their tea and crumpets for something as unimportant (to them) as a flight sim.

So what are the differences between the US version and the British Harrier?

Also how well is the V/STOL modelled?

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 10:32:26 AM »
Also how well is the V/STOL modelled?

Well, common consesus is that it is modelled pretty well -having spent some time doing VSTOL stuff it does feel pretty convincing to me. Can't comment on if it's too easy or not, but it does easily get away from you if you don't do things smoothly and concentrate fully -it's harder to recover if things becomes pear-shaped than the current helos on offer I think.

It is however, bl**dy good fun! Loving trying to come to a hover along-side a carrier and swing in as you see them do it (or did in UK case...) on UK/US carriers.

I can thoroughly recommend it.

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 11:26:31 AM »
Anyone up for a Harrier flight in next few days or so?

Last time out, Jojo and myself suffered from problems with the mission or server -the last squad-flight also had similar probs -so I have built a new mission (from a template) and added some targets on ground and in the air. Also a few ship transports off Gudauta AB.

Existing squad AC included for any ad-hoc action if desired, and the AK is off Sochi and steaming towards Georgian territory. Mission on dedi and called Harrier.Sochi.

Hopefully it might resolve the issues.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:58:28 AM by 159th_Archer »

Fusion

• PublicMember
  • YPV Master Brewer
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 07:57:15 AM »
Current state of play seems to be that the weapon systems for deploying laser guided bombs via the TPOD are bugged. I can get a few pickles done and then the hud tells you you’re out of munitions, when you aren’t.

Laser Mavs work to a point but are also buggy.

Really enjoying this aircraft, just hoping they fix the issues quickly.

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2018, 08:03:37 AM »
Yeah I love it too -but I keep getting frustrated by the incompleteness and thus have not flown it nearly as much as I wanted to. Think I will stick with the simple stuff that works on it when flying it for now -until I hear that they wired it up fully!

Fusion

• PublicMember
  • YPV Master Brewer
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2018, 10:13:26 AM »
Probably a good idea yeah.

Just annoying that we’re effectively limited to guns and rockets (although the IRMAVs work ok using the built-in DMT - it’s just fiddly to use).