Author Topic: Checking in  (Read 8381 times)

159th_Yuri

• Probie
  • Hangar Rat
Checking in
« on: December 06, 2017, 04:28:00 AM »
Gents, I'm interested in joining if you have availability for SU-33 pilot wannabe flying carrier ops. Though I'm a yank, your flight times are good for my schedule which is around noon here in the states.  Have many years & hours online in Falcon BMS in the F-16 & 18C, also in DCS A-10C.  I'm comfortable flying the 33 & trapping which is what I really enjoy at the conclusion of a mission.  I don't have any experience yet with weapons systems and learning the basics of navigation in the 33.

Thank you for considering me & looking forward to catching you on TS.  Do you use Simple Radio as well?

Yuri

159th_ShallowG

• Command
  • Sukhoi Arms Barman
  • Staying alive is always mission priority.
Re: Checking in
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:49:51 AM »
Hi Yuri. Welcome .. I'm sure someone from command will be in contact soon.

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:52:44 AM »
Hi Yuri -thanks for your interest in our squad.

We only use TS for comms at present but we try to be open minded with regard to other platforms if they will work for us.

I will send a PM to you regarding joining the squad.

159th_Archer_CO

159th_Axman

• Forum Administrator
  • YPV Master Brewer
  • Bus Killer
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 04:59:49 PM »
Hi Yuri,

I'm also in the North American time zone, almost - Canada PST. I will PM you shortly.

159th_Yuri

• Probie
  • Hangar Rat
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 05:08:26 PM »
Thank you gents for your kind & timely reply. I saw the post by Viper in the ED forums re Su-33 squadrons and thought I'd check the 159th out.  Sorry to hear there are no FW pilots currently though I appreciate your generous offer to make an opening for me.  Do I understand correctly that currently there are only rotor pilots? I don't know how it would work out but what can I loose? So, I think I'll take you up on the opportunity by requesting a check flight as required. I can usually arrange to fly Thursdays & Sundays 1900 GMT or after. 

Thanks again,

Yuri

159th_Axman

• Forum Administrator
  • YPV Master Brewer
  • Bus Killer
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 05:13:55 PM »
Let me know if you received my PM. This messaging system is not that intuitive.

Regards,

Ax

159th_Axman

• Forum Administrator
  • YPV Master Brewer
  • Bus Killer
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 05:16:33 PM »
Thank you gents for your kind & timely reply. I saw the post by Viper in the ED forums re Su-33 squadrons and thought I'd check the 159th out.  Sorry to hear there are no FW pilots currently though I appreciate your generous offer to make an opening for me.  Do I understand correctly that currently there are only rotor pilots? I don't know how it would work out but what can I loose? So, I think I'll take you up on the opportunity by requesting a check flight as required. I can usually arrange to fly Thursdays & Sundays 1900 GMT or after. 

Thanks again,

Yuri

Hey don't worry about rotor heads, Fighter Wing is where the real fun and excitement begins. Trust me!

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 06:22:02 PM »
Yuri, the 159th actually revolves around the true professionals here -Strike wing!

We fly either of the 2 versions of the all-time proven best combat plane in history -the Su-25, of course.

So although FW is a shadow of its former self (a shodow at the best of times...) you will be flying with other fast-movers.

But we certainly do have rotor-heads in the air too!

159th_Jojo

• Forum Administrator
  • Sukhoi Arms Barman
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 08:29:54 PM »
Yuri, welcome

Ignore these mugbloods, Air 2 Air is the true faith my friend.  Hope you get sorted soon.   :)

159th_Yuri

• Probie
  • Hangar Rat
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 01:52:23 AM »
haha, I believe I was interpreting "FW" as fixed wing, vs. rotor, rather than Fighter Wing. Sorry about that.

Thanks gents - copy all the above & hope to get involved asap. 

Yuri

159th_Axman

• Forum Administrator
  • YPV Master Brewer
  • Bus Killer
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 04:00:29 AM »
Don't worry, the majority of these guys are harmless.

*just watch your six - especially that Juju character!*

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 04:52:30 PM »
Yuri, if and when you join, I will re-aquaint myself with the Su-33 during some squad-flights.

I need to get up to speed with it since they updated things and this would keep you company and get me current with type.

I did fly it as my 1st 'lock-on' AC millions of years ago so it will be good to do some carrier work for a change!

S! Archer

159th_Axman

• Forum Administrator
  • YPV Master Brewer
  • Bus Killer
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 04:27:39 AM »
Yuri, get your crap together. Learn the nav stuff and we will take it from there. Seeya Sunday, if you are around.

Good flying by the way.

Ax

159th_Yuri

• Probie
  • Hangar Rat
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 06:52:53 PM »
LOL, working on it Ax. Sadly, it appears I'll be unable to make this Sunday as I'm being called in for a rare business meeting :( arrrrg

159th_Axman

• Forum Administrator
  • YPV Master Brewer
  • Bus Killer
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 11:18:28 PM »
Hey, no worries. I'll see you when I see you. Fly safe!

Regards,

Ax