Author Topic: Dedi map issues  (Read 2724 times)

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
Dedi map issues
« on: November 27, 2018, 12:43:47 PM »
Since Axman kindly donated a copy of the Persian map to the dedi, I put a new mission up to test it all.

Upon joining the dedi in MP, I noticed the ping is very much higher than the Caucasus map (490 against 235) and also joining was slow or hanged-up. I could only (at the first try) get in as spectator and a second try got what appeared to be a frozen screen.

So it appears the Persia map uses more memory or are the above related to something else perhaps?

The mission doesn't crash on the dedi and shuts down properly -it also didn't record my name only saying 'unknown' joined server.

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
Re: Dedi map issues
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 03:58:57 PM »
OK I left it a while and after jiggering around fine-tuning the mission, I tried again, and now it all works fine...

159th_Axman

• Forum Administrator
  • YPV Master Brewer
  • Bus Killer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 06:17:08 PM »
The dedi was never restarted following the map install. Maybe worth doing at some point if these kind of problems reappear.

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 06:25:16 PM »
Yeah I did that Ax Thx -I also emptied the track-files folder as that was well over 4GB in size and ran cleanup -as it works now I'll leave it at that for now.

BTW Persia map running well this afternoon and looking so good I booked a holiday to go there. No, not really, but I will fly it again for sure!  :)