Author Topic: Interested in joining  (Read 6360 times)

Mako

Interested in joining
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:23:41 PM »
Hi guys :)

Mako here... remember me???

I'm back - new PC, new joystick and DCS!!  Very rusty but willing to learn it all again - managed a carrier landing first time round earlier today so not as bad as I thought.  Just need to get my head round programming this damn joystick!

Would absolutely love nothing more than to enter the fray with you guys again - ist been FAR too long!  Let me know the score, if thers room etc.  Would be great to hear back from any of you.

Ian - Aka Mako159th :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 08:44:00 PM by Mako »

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
Re: Interested in joining
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:03:49 PM »
Jesus F*kin christ -he's found us! Run!!!

Hey Mako! Great to hear from you again -we just had a re-haunting -sorry- revisit, from Jester. Any minute now and Bear-F will appear...

Room for another?- Absolutely -we need all the runway poli... errr, pilots, we can get.

What you looking to fly? Just so you're up-to-speed, we have FW with the '33 still and the '27 if required, but also the MiG-21 gets used. SW still runs the (original and clapped-out) 25t and 25a since it got introduced.

We also fly (usually the right way up) helos -Ka-50 on Attack-wing with Mi-8 there for running the YPV stocks around.

We even (when all planes are broke) have tanks, and AAA guns and stuff!!!

So, take yer pick.

Squad flights at the usual time Sundays, but Thursday flight's are off ATM.

I'm sure someone will buy you a double YPV if you threaten to pull the pin on a grenade at the bar that is.

Mako

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 09:19:37 PM »
Would be great to!

Its been many, many many yeares since I last ventured online in a sim!  In fact I would need to take a run up to get online with LOMAC, its been so long!

Give me a week to play around a bit and if all ok I'll try and remember how TS works!  To be honest I'm right down to basics at the mo so you'll have to bear with me!

If ok with you - I'd like to start with the '33 then probably head back to the ol faithful 25t, but you know ,me - as long as its off the ground, I'll be happy :)

And boy I miss the Old YPV :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:22:10 PM by Mako »

159th_Axman

• Forum Administrator
  • YPV Master Brewer
  • Bus Killer
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 09:31:59 PM »
Nice to see that you stumbled into the bar, Mako. Look forward to flying with you.

Regards,

Ax

Mako

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 10:34:44 PM »

Thanks Axman.

Out of interest do you guys use Steam of direct downlad from ED still?

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 09:16:56 AM »
Not used steam myself -I think some here may do though -sometimes you have to wait a little for some releases via steam.

Dunno if you're aware mako but ED is promosing to release the new Caucasus map before end of this month -which will require a new install not an update.

Good job really, 'cos the old one is getting choc-a-bloc with our old wrecks and not good viewing for tourists.

BTW Mako if you wanted to pop-in and out of the squad-flights to set yourself up, feel free to do so. I say free, though hire of the squad jets has had to go up some to pay for the bar bill...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:18:54 AM by 159th_Archer »

Mako

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 10:22:35 AM »
Great - in that case I'll stick with Steam until the new update then transfer over to ED.

Was practicing again last night, so probably wont be too long.  Just like riding a bike.... honest!

And as for that bar bill.... I thought Jester had that covered    ?

I was having a look through my old emails last night trying to find my old signature and found a receipt for a dedicated TS server for the squadron from 2006!!!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:59:02 AM by 159th_Mako »

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 11:14:20 AM »

And as for that bar bill.... I thought Jester had that covered    ?

Yes, well -Jester still thinks putting that 55p behind the bar in 1973 will cover him for the next 40 years or so. In truth of course, that only covers him for the removal of zimmer-frame scratches from the polished floor. And that from the 8 visits he made that day only.   ;D

159th_Viper

• Forum Administrator
  • Hangar Rat
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 04:45:53 PM »
Mako........hell, that's a blast from the past.

Welcome back Sir, welcome back  :)