Author Topic: Invite from Archer  (Read 4656 times)

Playboy

• Hangar Rat
Invite from Archer
« on: June 03, 2020, 10:54:57 AM »
Hi

I'm Dave and 50 y/o from Edinburgh.
Been flying the A-10C off and on for a number of years and recently decided to get the F/A-18C and the Supercarrier module. I wouldn't say i am proficient and am hoping to find maybe teachers and friends. I'm finding the On Speed AnglE of Attack in the Hornet now a bugger to master. for example.
I appreciate i am on Blue Team and you guys seem to be on Red. But Archer said it's casual and you guys are flying other birds at the moment.
If anyone wants to fly with me any night(I know Sundays is your official) then let me know when and how to join.

Thanks

Playboy

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
Re: Invite from Archer
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 01:03:52 PM »
Hi mate, good to see your interest in having a fly-about with us sometime.

Yes, as started, we we're 'Red' through most of our history, but recent releases from DCS have very-strongly favoured western gear, and as such it has been difficult to maintain the 'Russian' angle -although we still like to retain our heritage -far too much YPV (a very potent brew) drunk over time to drop that!

I will endevour to get learning my Hornet ASAP, although some here already know it well. We'll try and help where we can.

Regards, Archer

Playboy

• Hangar Rat
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 02:02:28 PM »
Hi mate.

So you guys have a dedicated Discord or Teamspeak and also a server?

Thanks

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 05:32:35 PM »
Yes mate I was going to send it -here is our Discord channel;

https://discord.gg/C3Z83p

Our dedi runs (unless it crashes!) and is open unless we lock it for private flights sometimes during regular squad flights.

ATM we're having a little tech-trouble with the SC mod. I can't get 'parked' AC to deck start on it -the dedi doesn't have SC but ED says it shouldn't need it.

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 01:06:31 PM »
Hey PB, just thought -we currently use the OpenBeta for our missions -which install do you run?

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 10:22:55 AM »
Playboy, if you're able, feel free to join in our usual squad-flight tonight -kicks-off at 8.00pm UK time, I'll be on our Discord comms at some point earlier than that.

As stated above, currently, we use the Openbeta DCS, so that will be required if you have it.

I have started to get into using the Hornet, although I haven't got far yet, I am about to do a bit more now.