Author Topic: Hind around Cyprus  (Read 2161 times)

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
Hind around Cyprus
« on: June 16, 2021, 04:04:38 PM »
Both are released in the OB update out today!

Getting mine a bit later... 8)

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
Re: Hind around Cyprus
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 07:05:33 PM »
Got it all on my HD, although I had to delete plenty of stuff to get it to go on; I'll be getting an upgrade sorted soon, I'm gonna need it!

Cyprus looks fantastic -what a super island for missions and what-not.

Just sorting tome basic controls out for the Hind, gonna have a cuppa and watch the footy (Ital Vs Sui) for a while.

Can't wait to get the Hind whirring...

Mako

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 07:48:58 PM »
I’m downloading it all now

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 08:18:33 PM »
I’m downloading it all now

Biggie DL if one updates everything.

Had a good-look at Cyprus, really like the look of it, and as stated above, I'm sure we can make good use of it -esp allied with Syria. More great terrain to play in! :D

As for the Hind, I intend on using my Hip profile (if poss) and so far that is working. Going to need one-or-two changes perhaps, but they're similar in many ways and I think that will work. Just tried the Hind start tutorial, and got the thing airborne; flying the Hip a lot over the years is going to help a great-deal here, it flies in a similar way and some systems are the same. Like the way it feels, that's for sure. 8)

159th_ShallowG

• Command
  • Sukhoi Arms Barman
  • Staying alive is always mission priority.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 03:21:19 PM »
Wish they would update small and often .... these size upgrades are ridiculous ... who has 70Gb spare just to take act as a temp holder for a huge unpacked upgrade!

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 03:36:01 PM »
Wish they would update small and often .... these size upgrades are ridiculous ... who has 70Gb spare just to take act as a temp holder for a huge unpacked upgrade!

Lordy yes; I had to do a lot of shuffling and deleting to DL it all.

IIRC there's a way to 'select' what you update though. I think if you don't update certain parts of whatever you have, you can minimise the DL?