Author Topic: drive size  (Read 2274 times)

159th_ShallowG

• Command
  • Sukhoi Arms Barman
  • Staying alive is always mission priority.
drive size
« on: June 18, 2021, 03:18:23 PM »
Grrrr .. Poll: How big is your DCS disk allocation ie: how much space have you allowed for DCS on a multipurpose drive or have you a dedicated drive and if so how big is it??

I have windows 10 on one drive specifically for DCS and another drive which has only the DCS install. Both are 240Gb.
This latest update wont install for lack of space!!

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
Re: drive size
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 03:39:28 PM »
IIRC I got a message repeatedly saying it needed 64gb of temp DL space when I only had 61gb available.

I spent some time deleting and moving stuff till eventually, I had enough. It seemed that it was my DL folder that referred to?

But I a bit vague on computer stuff and it can take time for me to fathom things -or just keep pressing stuff till things happen...

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 04:42:10 PM »
BTW my HD is 500GB, with 59GB spare. Looking at getting an upgrade soon, deffo need some RAM as I have 16gb, need more.

159th_ShallowG

• Command
  • Sukhoi Arms Barman
  • Staying alive is always mission priority.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 06:48:41 PM »
I don't know if its luck ... but even though my rid is very mid range ... I have very little fsps problems running at nearly max. 32gb ram has really helped.
Re OP ... had the grass to cut and a few other odd jobs... so decided to uninstall DCS and then reinstall ... so avoiding the massive  'temp' download. Nearly done .... now fish and chips, Stella and watch Alba kick English arse!

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 07:52:11 PM »
I don't know if its luck ... but even though my rid is very mid range ... I have very little fsps problems running at nearly max. 32gb ram has really helped.
Re OP ... had the grass to cut and a few other odd jobs... so decided to uninstall DCS and then reinstall ... so avoiding the massive  'temp' download. Nearly done .... now fish and chips, Stella and watch Alba kick English arse!

Think there might be a typo near the end of your post? That bit doesn't make sense!

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 08:26:11 AM »
now fish and chips, Stella and watch Alba kick English arse!

Think there might be a typo near the end of your post? That bit doesn't make sense!

Actually SG, having witnessed the game, your statement was pretty accurate!