Author Topic: Recognition.. relocating from South Africa to the UK  (Read 3081 times)

159th_pappavis

• Pilot Officer
  • Sukhoi Arms Barman
  • Vryheid + voorspoed + vrede = volksrepubliek
Recognition.. relocating from South Africa to the UK
« on: February 02, 2018, 04:08:39 PM »
A few (ex) squaddies made this move..   At 2:30 describing the weather.. in my case. "Summer" in Holland.   :'( :'( What summer?? It frigging raining everyday.  :'( :'(

met vriendelijke groet,

159th_Viper

• Forum Administrator
  • Hangar Rat
Re: Recognition.. relocating from South Africa to the UK
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 06:03:18 PM »
He speaks the truth.

Thing is, you will never understand what it is he is saying if you are not a South African. That spirit of freedom, the feeling of National pride, the wide-open spaces, the bushveld, that feeling of belonging to a single, individual entity.....In Afrikaans we call it 'Gees', the Spirit of the Nation. That was what I found strangely lacking in my time in Scotland.

I could never understand why and still do not. Maybe it can be attributed to the 'Old World thinking' as the bloke in the vid mentions, who knows?

That Spirit I mentioned?

I've found it again.

The overwhelming sense of pride, the camaraderie, the sense of belonging, I thought I'd lost that forever.

I was wrong.

South African by birth, Texan by the Grace of God!

As the banner says:

Oh yes, about that travelling.........took me half an hour to travel 5 miles in the UK.....here I travel 40 miles in 30 minutes. Gotta love the roads  :D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:06:55 PM by 159th_Viper »

159th_pappavis

• Pilot Officer
  • Sukhoi Arms Barman
  • Vryheid + voorspoed + vrede = volksrepubliek
Re: Recognition.. relocating from South Africa to the UK
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 12:29:17 PM »
If South Africa was was a woman, it was getting raped. Multiple times daily. Its a culture. Its really disgusting.  Now i'm gettin politically incorrect ;).
One cant change the past. We can work on a future. Vryheid voorspoed.

Nederland. The bad..: 1. The weather -- rain, like 350x days per year. 2. The traffic. 3. Crowded.
Otherwsise, Netherlands has countless advantages. Its tiny, but extremely succesful country.

He speaks the truth.

Thing is, you will never understand what it is he is saying if you are not a South African. That spirit of freedom, the feeling of National pride,
Oh yes, about that travelling.........took me half an hour to travel 5 miles in the UK.....here I travel 40 miles in 30 minutes. Gotta love the roads  :D
met vriendelijke groet,