Author Topic: Harrier  (Read 5074 times)

159th_ShallowG

• Command
  • Sukhoi Arms Barman
  • Staying alive is always mission priority.
Harrier
« on: February 16, 2018, 12:53:09 AM »
Archer Speck and Solex ... messing in the woods  :o

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
Re: Harrier
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 11:40:00 AM »
Yes -that was hard going! SG set-up a single FARP and 'grass runway' jobbie that would hopefully supply those needing it. Mixed fortunes with the supply thing, and very mixed results with actually trying to land there!

I was 1st on the scene in an Av-8b and my 4 first attempts weren't good -it only then occured to me that I was way too heavy (fuel) and SG sorted that -things improved immediatley. Up to a point only... -Once I got my eye in on the site (not visible until very close up, actually maneuovering the Harrier with the precision needed was difficult.

Specks and Solex showed up and did better but we all struggled with the slow speed handling required.

I can land VSTOL pretty reliably on a defined spot  -if there's airspace around it to use. When you have trees, lamp posts and a road with extremely 'sticky' verges, it was very tricky indeed.

Good challenge though -need to look at my controller and see if I can fine tune things.

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 03:39:16 PM »
Just had a quick 30 mins messing with FARPs/grass RWs.

I parked a full FARP near a bridge over a river so I could VL onto it and then taxi off it and then STO from the road over the bridge. Well it worked OK as a bodge measure -there was a 'clunk' as I drove off FARP (despite the surfaces looking flush) but nothing broke. Get all my asked for load-out and TO went fine from bridge as it happened.

I tried to land short run out on the grass airfield, and I touched-down and rolled for about 30 mtrs, then just exploded! Not sure why -but I fancy it was what we'd get landing on any other part of the map.

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 03:10:24 PM »
Today I spent some time this AM with SG as he plays about trying to get a FOB/FARP working for Viggens/Harriers. Mixed success on that so far.

I just had another go with my mission Clear Kveda, and I find with my FARP that if you touch it 1st time round and contact the crew, subsequent visits are sorted merely by parking adjacent. For some ED reason that wasn't quite the case on SG's mission -although his FARP is the single one -might be the difference.

Below my Av-8b sports a winter RAF coat and sports bombs of which I am yet to fully get familiar with!

159th_pappavis

• Pilot Officer
  • Sukhoi Arms Barman
  • Vryheid + voorspoed + vrede = volksrepubliek
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 02:47:53 PM »
where was that bushes??
Looks nice :)
met vriendelijke groet,

159th_Archer

• Forum Administrator
  • Sochi VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 06:38:28 PM »
Sorry Papps -don't understand your question mate.

159th_pappavis

• Pilot Officer
  • Sukhoi Arms Barman
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 05:17:47 PM »
The road, its nice. Looks kinda new. I can sorta fly the Kackaz region blindfolded :P, but dont know this area of the map.

Sorry Papps -don't understand your question mate.
met vriendelijke groet,

159th_ShallowG

• Command
  • Sukhoi Arms Barman
  • Staying alive is always mission priority.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 11:58:12 PM »
Paps ...the mission is here .... you can land the vig there too.

www.rockhaggis.scot/upl1/159/FARP-STRIP-1.miz

159th_pappavis

• Pilot Officer
  • Sukhoi Arms Barman
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 07:00:31 AM »
Paps ...the mission is here .... you can land the vig there too.

Thanx!! :)
met vriendelijke groet,